Monday, October 12, 2009

ABC's





I made these for my cute little niece who just turned 2. I saw the idea online on this blog:


and thought it was a great way to use up my microsuede swatch book we picked up at the furniture store closeout. The letters are so soft and the batting in between makes them a little poofy. The edges are finished like a rag quilt, clip the unfinished edges and they fray after you wash/dry. Let me tell you...a lot of tracing, cutting, clipping, etc! But it was a fun project. It took me about 4-5 hours total throughout the week. (You can probably see that the microsuede on the front didn't fray, but the little clipped fringe adds a cute look).

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, and a great gift! Hmmmm this would be great for me to make my Lydia for Christmas.....

    ReplyDelete