Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just in time

Well it took me long enough, but I did finish my girls' dresses and my little guy vest outfit just barely in time for Christmas. They wore all their coordinating outfits to church today and they all looked great! It was definitely worth all the early mornings.

For the girls' dresses I used Project Runway Simplicity pattern number 2767. The only modification I made was lengthening it and adding the fabric trim to the bottom. I used fabric from Joann's Casa collection. For the body of the dress I used and amethyst crepe fabric and then added the chifon (with the sparkly ducs) to the top, sleeves, and skirt. I loved the 3 roses on the waist. The 3 girls looked really cute in them.

For my little guy I made a vest, pants, & tie. For the vest and pants, I used fabric from the suitings section of Joann Fabrics and used Burda pattern 9732. The only change I made was to the cuff. For this outfit I just did a simple hemmed cuff. I lined the vest in purple to coordinate with the girls' dresses. For the tie, I used the same crepe fabric as for the girls' dresses and then I followed this tutorial. I had my husband tie it, then I cut the neck area off and hand sewed the upper edges so it wouldn't fall apart, and then added the elastic to go around the neck. It turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment